– – – The HEATED task force is currently running the activities of the Health Economics TF – – –
The EHDN Health Economics Working Group is a group of clinicians, scientists, health economists, and patient advocates.
Assess the health technology appraisal process, identify the most appropriate measures of cost-effectiveness and advise patient support groups.
Aims of the working group
- Construct and test valid health economic models for use in trials
- Develop partnerships with companies and academic institutions to further this aim
- Identify measures for economic assessment, covering costs, benefits, and wider impacts relevant to people affected by Huntington’s disease for use in clinical trials and cost-effectiveness analyses.
- Work with health technology assessment bodies and health payers to overcome barriers to access.
Projects in this group are on hold awaiting the outcome of other initiatives outside the network